Surviving the Viaduct Closure
The SR-99 Viaduct officially closes down starting Friday January 11, 2019. Here are some tips from Sound Transit (and us!) on how to make the best of the increased travel times and traffic congestion:
- Work from home when possible
- Ride your bike to work – check out SDOT’s new interactive bike route map
- Take the Sounder Train or Link Light Rail – ride share services are offering discounted rates on rides to transit stations through February
- There will be additional Water Taxi Service – a fun way to get to/from West Seattle!
- Talk to your employer about flexing your hours to avoid peak commute times
- Be patient and considerate on public transportation – together we’ll get through the #SeattleSqueeze!