Join us! We will be showcasing our North Beach Artist Lofts on both Saturday and Sunday during the Master Builders Association’s 2016 Remodeled Homes Tour. These homeowners decided they needed an on-site studio after having their first child and wanted to find a sustainable solution that would have minimal impact on the property.
Check out this awesome 360 virtual tour of the space:
A few of the most exciting features of this DADU (detached auxiliary dwelling unit):
- The ability to keep it simple in the original smaller home and have a separate space for artistic pursuits
- Two stories, meaning that the structure has a small footprint on the property (in terms of building codes) and the planet
- Taking advantage of reused materials! A salvaged circular staircase, repurposed barn wood siding, and barn door with a custom sliding track
- A slot in the second story floor gives them the ability to slide large paintings through to the first floor
- A finished bathroom, without a kitchen, but a fully functional kitchenette would be an easy upgrade
We hope to see you there!
October 8-9, 2016
10 AM – 5 PM
8907 31st Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117
More Info I Get Free Tickets I Map to Other Sites