Join us for the 2017 NW Green Home Tour! This year we will be showcasing multiple sites on both Saturday and Sunday. A Westwood Addition, a Wedgwood Contemporary Kitchen Remodel, and a Modern-Retro Westside Kitchen.
Saturday April 29, 2017 | Modern-Retro Westside Kitchen at 3726 SW Austin St
Saturday April 29, 2017 | Westwood Addition at 9323 31st Place SW
Sunday April 30, 2017 | Contemporary Wedgwood Kitchen at 4008 NE 86th St
11am – 5pm | FREE TICKETS
Once awkward and dimly-lit, this Modern-Retro Westside Kitchen was creatively altered for improved use, better socializing, a place to sit, and enhanced storage in an inviting and lovely space. This project showcases stunning and colorful sustainable solutions for big functionality in small spaces.
- Locally produced Canyon Creek cabinets
- Salvaged Ceaserstone countertops – from Second Use, with zero VOCs
- Re-used materials that already existed in the home – such as kitchen appliances, butcher block, and tile on the walls in the bathroom
- Blue Marmoleum flooring, that is non-toxic, anti-microbial, and durable
- Creative plan to open and lighten up the space
- Maximized amount of natural day-lighting entering the room
- All around non-toxic and healthy finishes
- Rather than a full bathroom remodel, these homeowners chose to make modifications to the existing room, saving money and materials from the landfill