West Seattle Blog caught the event on camera and shared CoolMom’s messages that:
- 10 seconds of idling uses more fuel than turning off the engine and restarting it.
- An idling vehicle emits 20 times more pollution than one traveling 32 mph.
- Idling 5 minutes daily emits 30 pounds of toxic pollutants and 300 pounds of carbon dioxide in a year.
Here are some more tips:
- Wait until everyone is settled in the car before turning the key.
- Turn it off at stoplights, drive-thrus, any time you idle for 10 seconds or more.
Start Counting! You will be surprised at how many opportunities you have to save gas, money and the planet!