We have a surplus of 2016 Chinook Books and 12 month app subscriptions in our office, and since 2016 will soon be coming to a close, we are raffling them off to you for FREE! The book and app contain hundreds of coupons to local, sustainable businesses. All you have to do is sign-up for our email newsletter before Wednesday, September 28 and your name will be automatically entered to win!
Sign up HERE
*Winners must be available for pick-up at our West Seattle Office.
Join us! We will be showcasing our North Beach Artist Lofts on both Saturday and Sunday during the Master Builders Association’s 2016 Remodeled Homes Tour. These homeowners decided they needed an on-site studio after having their first child and wanted to find a sustainable solution that would have minimal impact on the property.
Check out this awesome 360 virtual tour of the space:
A few of the most exciting features of this DADU (detached auxiliary dwelling unit):
- The ability to keep it simple in the original smaller home and have a separate space for artistic pursuits
- Two stories, meaning that the structure has a small footprint on the property (in terms of building codes) and the planet
- Taking advantage of reused materials! A salvaged circular staircase, repurposed barn wood siding, and barn door with a custom sliding track
- A slot in the second story floor gives them the ability to slide large paintings through to the first floor
- A finished bathroom, without a kitchen, but a fully functional kitchenette would be an easy upgrade
We hope to see you there!
October 8-9, 2016
10 AM – 5 PM
8907 31st Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117
More Info I Get Free Tickets I Map to Other Sites
When you work to conserve water at home, not only are you saving money on your bill, but you are also keeping water in our rivers for the salmon. This is especially important during the summer and fall, when our fish friends start their annual migration home. Want to bring your family to witness the salmon returning to spawn this fall? Visit the King County website to find out where!
As our business continued to grow over the past year, we began to find it more challenging to keep up with the detail-intensive processes of home remodeling projects. Since client satisfaction and quality are our top priorities, we decided to implement Co-Construct to help us better manage projects.
This software lets us keep track of schedules, budgets, subcontractors, and change orders. And it lets our clients see everything all in one place.
You can watch a full video demo of their software here.
You would hope that keeping our homes free of bacteria and dirt would be simple. But it turns out that there can be a surprising number of toxins in the products that we use to keep our homes clean!
The EPA has just made it easier than ever to choose products in the store that are free from harmful chemicals. This rating also takes into account a product’s impact on the environment in terms of packaging waste, water use, and more!
Check out more from Buzzfeed
This year we have the opportunity to pass an initiative that will fight climate change, promote clean energy, and lessen the tax burden on working families. Here’s what I-732 will do:
- Charge polluters a tax on carbon emissions from fossil fuels
- Reduce the state sales tax by one percent
- Provide tax rebates for low-income families
- Eliminates B&O tax on manufacturing – keeping jobs in WA
You can find out more by visiting the campaign website
and don’t forget to VOTE in the November election!