Save the date for these upcoming workshops, tours, conferences and more!
Weekly: Neighborhood Farmer’s Markets
February 9: Green Infrastructure Summit
February 10: Tile 101 Workshop @ Second Use
February 10: Ask an Architect: Navigating Your Building Project
February 10: NE Seattle Hands On Skills Fair
February 10: Solar in Seattle Workshop – Beacon Hill
February 13: February Greendrinks
February 14: Valentine’s Day
February 15: Roundtable: Better Health through Better Building
February 15: Passive House Windows Workshop
February 21: Radiant Heat Open House
February 22: Designing Backyard Cottages
February 29: NWEBG: Rethinking Housing
A company called Ten Fold Engineering is now offering pop-up structures that build themselves with the touch of a button! They can be folded back up and moved on a truck bed just as easily. Read more here.
Have you ever wanted to live with mobility, add an office space, or go off-grid? We are happy to help in thinking through the utility installation, foundation, and how one of these (or any other type of prefab unit!) might work on your site. Just let us know!
Join Second Use on Saturday, February 10 for a free Tile 101 Workshop from 11-12:30 PM at the Second Use SODO store. Our very own Doug Elfline will walk you through the best practices for working with tile, from choosing the best tile for your space, to handling tricky spots. He will demonstrate how to use equipment such as tile saws, mortar, trowels, and spacers as well as how to maintain your tile. Attendees will walk away with an understanding of how to cut, set, grout, and seal tile as well as 10% off their day-of Second Use tile purchase.
This workshop is free and open to the public, but limited to 30 attendees. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to reserve your spot.
Saturday February 10, 2018
11 AM – 12:30 PM
3223 6th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134
Mold and moisture mitigation is essential in the Pacific Northwest. The tips below can help you improve your indoor air quality (IAQ) and keep you and your family healthy! Mold needs moisture and warmth to grow. Here are some ways to mitigate its growth:
- Vacuum and clean regularly with a vinegar solution (more green cleaning tips here).
- Check plants, furnishings, or stored items for mold before bringing them into your home
- Properly ventilate kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry areas with exhaust fans or opening windows.
- Promptly clean up spills, condensation, wet surfaces or any other source of moisture.
- Make sure the walls and attic of your home are properly insulated.
- Regularly inspect your home for leaks, discoloration, or wet spots and repair them.
- Increase warm air flow by moving large objects a few inches away from the inside of exterior walls.
- If you do see mold growth, clean the area with detergent, mild bleach, or call a professional cleaning service.
Mighty House and our sister company, Mighty Energy Solutions, will be hosting one extra-mighty booth at the NW Remodeling Expo! You’ll find us at booth #1014 on January 5-7, 2018. Just print out the file below for your free tickets and join us at one of the best opportunities to connect and learn from contractors, suppliers, and designers. Not to be missed if you’re considering a remodel project!
The show will also feature:
- Home Improvement Seminars There’s a huge range of topics to learn about this year! Some that we’re particularly looking forward to are “Solatube vs. Traditional Skylights,” “Solar Works!” and “Designing a Healthy Home on a Budget.” Check out the full list here.
- “Designer Matchmaker” These sessions will allow you to take advantage of FREE consultations with northwest designers. We’re especially excited to have our booth stationed next to Entero Design and Living Shelter Architecture. More info on the matchmaker sessions here.
- Artisan Showcase Local artists will be showing and selling unique items for your home. You can preview some of the artwork here.
Friday January 5, 12pm – 7pm
Saturday January 6, 10am – 7pm
Sunday January 7, 11am – 7pm
Washington State Convention Center
Halls 4EF 800 Convention Place
Seattle, WA 98101