Full-Time Residential Carpenter
Seattle-based, Mighty House Construction, is searching for a full-time Carpenter with a well-rounded understanding of residential construction and interest in sustainable building practices. Our office is in West Seattle while the work extends primarily throughout the city limits of Seattle.
As a small but BUSY company, we need someone who can work independently or with others, is willing to take on varied tasks and is able to lift and carry 80+ pounds. Experience tiling is a plus but not necessary.
Our projects range from small “handyman” projects to new home construction and everything in between. We specialize in eco-friendly interior spaces including kitchens, bathrooms, custom cabinetry and furniture fabrication and installation.
The desired candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 2-4 years carpentry experience
- A well-rounded understanding of residential construction and carpentry (including demo, framing, siding, drywall, window and door installation, and finish work)
- A commitment to high quality work – Ability to promote a safe and productive work environment. – standard carpentry tools and personal protection gear
- A commitment to safety – personally and for co-workers
- Ability to communicate well with team members
- Ability to have positive interactions with clients
- Cell phone service
- Reliable personal transportation – not only get to jobsites but also go in-between jobs and obtain supplies in a timely fashion
- Personal cleanliness, authentic character and a positive attitude
- Washington State driver’s license and and clean driving record. (we will do background check)
- 100% tobacco and drug free job sites
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Access to email and internet (smart phone or computer) a plus but not required
- Competitive pay: $17-22 (DOE)
- Health insurance and paid vacation time.
- A positive and productive work environment.
Please email your resume and a cover letter (email body message okay) and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of your submission should be: CARPENTER