Mighty House Construction, is searching for a full-time Skilled Carpenter. Our office is in Georgetown while our jobs extend throughout the city limits of Seattle. Details for both of these positions are below.
Our projects range from small “handyman” projects to new home construction and everything in between. We specialize in eco-friendly interior spaces including kitchens, bathrooms, custom cabinetry and furniture fabrication and installation.
As a small and BUSY company, we need someone who can work independently or with others, is willing to take on varied tasks and is able to lift and carry 80+ pounds. Experience tiling is a plus but not necessary. Work days are Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
The desired candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 5-10+ years carpentry experience, preferably on high-end custom and spec homes and remodels
- Ability to perform all aspects of rough through finish carpentry (including demo, framing, siding, drywall, window and door installation, and finish work)
- Basic understanding of residential electrical and plumbing systems
- A commitment to high quality work, detail-oriented, and meticulous
- Provide standard carpentry tools and personal protection equiptment
- Ability to read and interpret plans and architectural drawings
- Interest in sustainable building practices
- A commitment to safety – personally and for co-workers
- Able to communicate concepts, concerns, thoughts and ideas both written and orally to others including supervisors, team members and clients
- Customer service orientation – ability to have positive interactions with clients
- Reliable personal transportation – not only get to job sites but also go in-between jobs and obtain supplies in a timely fashion
- Personal cleanliness, authentic character and a positive attitude
- Cell phone service & daily access to email and internet (smart phone or computer)
- Washington State driver’s license and and clean driving record. (we will do background check)
- 100% tobacco and drug free job sites
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Competitive pay: $22-30 (depending on experience and skill level)
- 7 days of paid time off (PTO) annually
- 100% employer paid medical and vision insurance
- A positive and productive work environment
- Opportunity to grow and learn with our company
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and a cover letter (email body message okay) and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of your submission should be: SKILLED CARPENTER
Mighty House Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com